Hey, Gonzalo here.
Thanks for checking out my blog. If you’re interested in nutrition and you’re looking for a nutrition online course, I think you’re going to find this post very interesting. There are a lot of online courses in nutrition on the internet, but, what are you looking for?
As I’ve just said, you can see a lot of nutritional courses available, but I’m going to tell you about one great course that I’ve gone through (and finished it!! ). When I was thinking about study nutrition more seriously, I wanted to find a course with real results, not anything that gave me just a certificate. Probably like you, I’m very interested in nutrition study and courses online, and I’ve found this course very unique and special, very different from the rest of nutrition courses online. But be warned, I’ll be going into both the good and the bad points.
The name of the course is “Raw Nutrition Certification” and is guided by David Wolfe, a world-renowned nutrition expert. If you don’t know David Wolfe, he is like a rock&roll star in the nutrition field. He is the author of many best-selling books and he travels around the world sharing his passion: improve and boost your live through what you eat. He is an expert on longevity, health, beauty, herbalism, nutrition and even chocolate (as you’re going to see!).
Well, I think it’s important to know who is going to teach you, but let’s back to the course (if you want to know more about him read a previous post). What is “David Wolfe’s Raw Nutrition Certification” all about? As I said, this course is a very different approach from other health courses online you can find out there. This is about a natural way to eat. A natural way to approach natural food. And this is very important, because there is a lot of artificial, processed and corrupted food available. And this course is about REAL FOOD. Food created by nature to be your sustain, your fuel, and (maybe most important) your way to thrive and to feel GOOD in your life. Others online nutrition courses are more “standard” perspectives. But this one is different, and taught by an incredible expert who walks the talk, something that is essencial for me when it comes to learn something from someone.
The heart of this online nutrition certification is Raw Food. (Stop! Don’t run away if you don’t know what is Raw Food about!) If you don’t know anything about Raw Food, it has nothing to do with a scarce, tasteless experience with the act of eating. Nothing to do. In fact, Raw Food opens doors in your palate that you may haven’t imagined or even forget. It’s a very cool and creative gourmet experience.
But it’s more than a delicious experience. Implementing Raw Plant Foods in your diet is the best way to get your health back, your energy back, the easiest and healthiest way to lose weight, and to recover some things about how you feel, as I did. (I explain how to approach and implement easily Raw Foods in a previous post, see below).
Content of the nutrition course
In this online course you have to complete the main 70 lessons (one video each lesson) and, at the end, pass an exam to get your online nutrition certification. In these lessons David Wolfe covers from his home in Canada a lot of stuff:
- He goes through all core “Raw Foods” as juices, nuts and seeds, seaweed, sprouts and grasses,…
- You can see him in his own pantry and learn what he has there (superherbs, superfoods, medicinal mushrooms, etc). A lot of stuff. I love this part of the course.
- He teaches you a lot about Spring Water and how to find this free source of pure health.
- A completely different approach about Metabolism, Proteins and Carbohydrates.
- He makes several Smoothies in front of you and explains in detail each of the amazing ingredients. (You’re going to like smoothies a lot. Since 2009 these are my best breakfasts. They can boost your day amazingly.)
- He shows you all the plants in his garden and makes a salad directly from it. A thing that I love about the way he teaches is that you can learn even the mithology behind every plant and the characteristics of each one.
- There is a section of videos, one of the most importants, where he teaches in each of them every part of the body and how to nourish and heal them.
- Well, the cool thing is that he covers a lot of content, not only Raw Food: Medicinal Mushrooms, How to make Superteas, Chocolate and his properties, How to build an Immunity Shield, Legal points to keep in mind if you want to be a nutritionist and build a bussiness, Book Reviews, FAQ, etc, etc, etc.
Between each lesson you have to answer a quiz that it helps you a lot to assimilate the content and prepare you for the Final Exam. And you’ll have to prepare it!
My favourite part in the Raw Nutrition Certification and a negative point about this course
Those are the main nutrition classes in the course. But there is much more content.
And before talk to you about these extras, I’d like to comment one thing I don’t like about this course. You have one year to access to the online course. Well, one year is enough time to complete the course and go through all the content (I did it in 5 months), but I’d rather to have life time access to the course as in another online courses. They don’t warn you (only after the purchase), but I warn you. It’s true that the time limit is good in order to pressure you to finish the course and get the certification, but I’d prefer to access to this extraordinary content whenever I want in the future. The good part is that you can keep the transcriptions.
Having said that, I still recommend you a lot this course. It can change your life. Honestly.
Let’s go with my favourite part of the course. There are some extra series of videos in the Raw Nutrition Certification. They put some extra content from time to time. I check the web sometimes and I enjoy new interesting videos. But I’m going to tell you about one of them (mmm… this post is being a little longer than I thought). I’m talking about the Noniland Series. David Wolfe has an agricultural research center in Haway called Noniland. This is an awesome place (some of the videos are in gorgeous beaches) where these series of videos (99!!) were recording. If you love exotic stuff as I do you’ll love these extra classes. And this is part of the content:
- David talks about and shows you Noni fruits, Cacao trees, Avocados, gardening, Ayahuasca, Passion Flower, Durian, Coconuts,…. Incredible tropical fruits!!!
- How to deal with cancer (VERY interesting)
- How to cleanse different organs.
- How to approach nutrition: “No single nutrition system is the only one”.
- MOTIVATIONAL videos like “The Power of Writing your Goals”.
- Radioactive Fallout Strategies.
- Etc, etc, etc
As I said at the beginning of this blog, if you’re looking for an online nutrition certification I urge you to try this one. You won’t regret. The information in this course can change your life for the better (and even save it). And this is one of the reasons I’ve made this blog.
There are plenty of nutrition courses online, but I’m completely sure this is one of the best.
Hope my webpage has helped you,